2013 UK Tour - 50th Anniversary
IPMS/United Kingdom Invites You To Join Them In Celebrating Their 50th Anniversary
Since 2013 is the 50th anniversary of IPMS/UK, our parent organization, to make it easier for those coming to their celebration, have put together a tour that includes some of the BEST military museums in the world, does it in as little as seven days and has a comparatively low cost. Plus, you get two days in London, one of the greatest cities in the world. Since the tour is sponsored by IPMS/UK and not IPMS/USA, all arrangements are made via a link to their tour sponsor found on the Scale Model World web site.
If you've ever wondered about this great model show (3,000 plus models on display and vendors galore you've never seen before), wanted to see these fantastic museums or just visit the UK, here's your chance to do it probably as conveniently as it can be done all in one fell swoop. If you need any more convincing, visit the web sites for each museum below.
Here's the basic info:
- When: The tour begins and ends in London, UK, November 5 - 13, 2013
- How much: per Person: PS935 (around $1,400 airfare NOT included). Single room PS420.00 extra (around $625). The price includes all hotel nights, breakfasts, transportation and admission fees to the sites on the tour.
- Fly to London on your own. It may be best to fly overnight from 11/4 to 11/5.
- Day 1 (11/5/13): The tour starts here. Half day London sight-seeing, Overnight in London.
- Day 2 (11/6/13): London - RAF Museum, Hendon, then on to The Imperial War Museum, Duxford. Overnight in London.
- Day 3 (11/7/13): Depart London for Portsmouth. See the Royal Naval Museum, the HMS Victory and HMS Warrior, and the D-Day Museum. Overnight in Portsmouth.
- Day 4 (11/8/13): Depart Portsmouth for The Tank Museum in Bovington, followed by a visit to the Fleet Air Arm Museum, then on to Scale Model World in Telford. Overnight in Telford.
- Day 5 (11/9/13): Spend the day at Scale Model World. Possible "Wives'" tour to the historic city of Chester. Overnight in Telford.
- Day 6 (11/10/13): Spend the day at Scale Model World. Overnight in Telford.
- Day 7 (11/11/13): Depart Telford for RAF Museum, Cosford, then a short visit to Stratford-upon-Avon and Shakespeare's Birth Place. The tour then returns to a hotel near Heathrow Airport. Overnight near Heathrow Airport.
- Day 8 (11/12/13) Fly home on your own.
For more info and/or to make arrangements, go to the Scale Model World Tour information page.
Information provided here is NOT official as IPMS/UK is the sponsor of this tour.