Constitution Amendment Season is Upon Us!
From Dennis Tennant in the IPMS/USA Forums (IPMS/USA member login required) -
If you didn't already know, July 1 through Dec. 31 is the period when members can submit amendments to our constitution and by-laws (C&BL). You can obtain the necessary forms from MJ in the main office.
Here's how our amendment process works:
- Office Manager handles requests for amendment forms starting July 1 and ending Dec. 31 each year. Official forms can be obtained from her.
- Original, signed and dated amendment is returned to the Office Manager with endorsement page(s).
- All email endorsements are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be attached to the original amendment form.
- Office Manager verifies all signatures are current members and that the proper number of endorsements are present.
- Office Manager then scans and emails the amendment to the IPMS Secretary and the original/endorsements is then stored with office records for that year.
- Secretary transcribes amendments and supporting documentation into a Word doc.
- Secretary assigns a number (based upon the year and sequence in which amendments were received from Office Manager to each amendment (2011-01 would be the first amendment received for the 2011 ballot).
- Secretary then creates a sample ballot using the most recent ballot included by the Journal as an example.
- Secretary forwards copies of all amendments along with a sample ballot to the President.
- President distributes documents to the CRB.
- President works with CRB Chair to make sure that deadlines are adhered to.
- CRB report is returned to President.
- President forwards CRB report, and copies of all amendments plus supporting documentation, and sample ballot to the Secretary (for the record) and Office Manager.
- Secretary sends all amendments, supporting documentation, CRB report, and sample ballot to the Journal Staff.
- It is highly recommended that the entire Executive Board and Office Manager be cc'ed on this email.
- The Office Manager will be the official vote counter.
- Upon completion of the balloting process the Office Manager will report the results to the Executive Board and the President will determine the method and time for that report to be made public.